Skip to main content

Bookish (And Not So Bookish) Thoughts (17)

Hello and happy Thursday!  I am linking up with Bookish (and Not So Bookish Thoughts) over at Bookishly Boisterous.


1.) UGH.  I just started the next level of my Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 DVD and I hate it!  It's really hard and some of the moves feel impossible for an uncoordinated person like myself.  I try my hardest but it's a good thing nobody can see me because I'm sure I look ridiculous.

2.) I've been reading a lot of WWII era historical fiction lately and while I love it, I think I'm going to have to take a break from it.  I need to find something really cheerful to read for a change.  Suggestions are welcome!

3.) My mom is visiting this weekend so I've been doing a lot of extra cleaning around the house.  I really wish I wasn't the kind of person who cares about having a clean house because I just don't want to do it anymore.  I used to really like cleaning but now it just feels like one more thing I have to make time for.

4.) My husband is now working a normal day shift which is glorious.  He can now help with bedtime so we are taking turns and it is a beautiful thing.  I've been in charge of bedtime for like 99% of the last three years and it's so nice to have a break!

5.) I bought Ron Chernow's biography of Alexander Hamilton and while I'm eager to read it, I am a little intimidated by the size.  I'm not sure I'm ready to commit to such a huge book right now.

6.) We've been following a 'no spend' month for July and it's going really well.  I plan to post more about it later but I'm really hoping we can keep up the momentum for the rest of the year.

I hope you all have a great rest of the week!

Comments

  1. Ugh, housework sucks! Luckily, I live alone, and don't have house guests that often. My city is not exactly a destination spot...LOL. But when I do have family coming, I scrub and clean until I'm sick of it.

    Mostly I just ignore the dusting...I'm good at keeping things picked up, because I don't like the look of mess.

    Good luck with that workout, which sounds like cruel and unusual punishment.

    Here's MY BOOKISH THURSDAY POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny how certain people coming over make me clean more or less (or not at all). My inlaws? HOURS cleaning up. My husbands male friends? I could give two shits. My mom is more complicated... she has to love me no matter what and if it's a mess I think she should just blame herself for raising me to not be the kind of girl that cleans for her.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review and Giveaway: "Distant Signs" by Anne Richter

Synopsis: Distant Signs is an intimate portrait of two families spanning three generations amidst turbulent political change, behind and beyond the Berlin Wall. In 1960s East Germany, Margret, a professor’s daughter from the city, meets and marries Hans, from a small village in Thuringia. The couple struggle to contend with their different backgrounds, and the emotional scars they bear from childhood in the aftermath of war. As East German history gradually unravels, with collision of the personal and political, their two families’ hidden truths are quietly revealed. An exquisitely written novel with strongly etched characters that stay with you long after the book is finished and an authentic portrayal of family life behind the iron curtain based on personal experience of the author who is East German and was 16 years old at the fall of the Berlin Wall. Why do families repeat destructive patterns of behaviour across generations? Should the personal take precedence over

Top Ten Books I Recommend The Most

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish . This week's topic:  Top Ten Books I Recommend the Most 1.) The Bronze Horseman by Paullina Simons   2.) Outlander by Diana Gabaldon           If you read my blog at all, you know I love these two books so much!  I am not afraid to suggest them to anyone who I think might enjoy them. 3.) The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins - I was definitely recommending this book left and right when the first movie came out. 4.) The Fault in Our Stars by John Green 5.) A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin           These are two books that I just recently started recommending but they are books that can appeal to anyone so they are easy picks when someone asks for a recommendation. 6.) Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead  - I get a little embarrassed when I recommend this book to people but seriously, just because it has vampires does not mean it is like Twilight. 7.) The Giver by Lois

Book Blog Hop (11)

The Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Jen at Crazy for Books .  It's a way to meet other bloggers and check out some cool new blogs. This week's question is:  "Highlight one book you have received this week that you can't wait to dig into!" Okay, I have a confession to make.  I have been so busy this week that I have not had time to get any new books.  I have several waiting for me at the library but I won't be able to pick them up until this weekend.  : ( Did you all get any exciting new books this week?